Sunday, August 8, 2010

Paying my Bills is a Simple Task

The Author of this post is Velma Baird

I used to pay my bills the old fashioned way, by sending a check or money order in the mail, in an envelope. This became tiresome to do, due to the fact that I don't have any checks and I always had to purchase money orders and stamps. Once I got CLEARWireless tv set up in my house, I began paying my bills online instead. Paying bills then became less burdensome and less painful to do. It first requires setting up an account through each site, then connecting your checking account to that site.

The current places I pay online bills to include AT&T, Chase, Geico and my student loan center. I am able to organize when payments are due by writing the due dates in my Yahoo! Calendar, then setting up notices telling me when to pay. I also set it up through each company to send me statements via email rather than paper bills in the postal mail. This way my email will notify me how much I owe and by when. I have also bookmarked all the sites in which I owe payments to each month. This way I can easily access them when it comes time to make my payments. Before I pay each of my bills, I log into my bank account online to see if I have sufficient funds.

No comments: